Highpointers Foundation Fundraising
The Highpointers Foundation was granted official 501 C3 status by the IRS in March, 2007.
All contributions to the Foundation are tax deductible to the full extent allowed by the IRS.
Verification of IRS 501 C3 status
- We achieved our goal of raising $10,000 between the WI-07 convention
and the AZ-08 convention. An anonymous donor challenged the Foundation and made
a matching grant up to that amount. This donation challenge was reached in August, 2008.
- The Foundation has increased the number of repeat donors each year since 2007, with 44 in 2015.
In 2015, the number of gifts received was a record 85 for a record $28,975.
The Foundation had a record 29 New Donors in 2016.
- The Foundation surpassed the milestone mark of $100,000 in donations in June, 2015!
The total to date is over $150,000.
- There have been restricted donations made to 21 separate state highpoints, totalling $38,000.
- The Foundation received its 400th individual donation in August, 2016.
There have been over 175 individual donors.
- Please consider a gift to the Highpointers Foundation. No amount is too small.
We have received gifts between $5 and $10,000.
- Please visit our Testimonials
See what others have to say about the Highpointers Foundation.
- To help the Foundation, please click the button below and Make a Donation!
It’s secure and easy with PayPal.
You can use your PayPal account or link to a credit card with or without a PayPal account.
- Amazon Smile Project -
click here to enter Amazon Smile.
Amazon will donate 0.5% of all dollars spent to the Highpointers Foundation.
When shopping at Amazon, please enter via www.Smile.Amazon.com,
and select the Highpointers Foundation as your preferred charity.
Your charity selection will happen automatically after your first visit.
You can then bookmark www.Smile.Amazon.com.
- To discuss a tax deductible contribution to the Foundation, please contact Dave Covill,
the Foundation Lead Director, at P.O. Box 2092, Evergreen, Colorado 80437,
(303) 517-0355 7am-9pm Mountain Time.
Click here for an optional form to use.
The Highpointers Foundation has begun the process of creating a Legacy Gift Program.
Directors Carol Radford and Paul Pontiff are leading a team that will nurture this process.
Paul has many years of experience in charitable organizations and defined giving.
Many Highpointers have included the Foundation in their Will; will you be the next?
You can contact Carol at:
P.O. Box 3668, San Diego CA 92163; 619-294-9812; CLRsteggi@yahoo.com.
View a sample Codicil form
The Highpointers Foundation has a
Donor Recognition Program.
All donors receive a commemorative magnet or medallion
thanking them for their contribution to our ongoing efforts,
based on lifetime giving levels.
The Foundation continues its online silent auction capability.
Working with Chessler Books of Evergreen Colorado and others,
we are offering a series of rare books signed by the authors, and other items.
We have also received donations of maps, magazines, and newsletters which we have monetized.
Any reasonable gift will be accepted, and we will mail an appropriate acknowledgement letter for tax purposes.
To date, the Foundation has realized over $9,000 from our online silent auction program,
and another $5,000 from live auction packages.
The Foundation has shared their asset inventory with the American Alpine Club, which has monetized our items at their annual dinners,
resulting in a gain to the HPF of over $1,000.
Please make a bid on the latest item.